College of Fellows Mentoring Program
Are you a PRSA member looking for a mentor?Sign up today for help from an experienced professional.
Members of the College of Fellows are expected to participate in the mentoring program offered to all members of PRSA. Giving back to others through mentoring and teaching is a tenet of our Standards of Excellence.
What’s fun about mentoring in this fast-paced world of online communications and social media is that the roles often reverse, and the mentor becomes the mentee.
College of Fellow members, please update your information to participate in the new mentoring program called Mentor Match. It is all automated, so you tell us what topics you want to mentor about and how much time you have to give. Then, mentees search for a mentor and request a mentoring engagement, basing their decision on the information you provide.
- Sign up at the Mentor Match website.
- Include your areas of expertise, and topics on which you would like to mentor.
- Write a brief description of what you offer as a mentor, as well as a brief biography.
- Select how many mentees you want to help at a time, and how many hours you can spend mentoring each month. The system stops including your name in the queue once you have met your limit.
- Both you and the mentee will have an understanding of the rules of the game before agreeing to meet. Read more.
- Mentees choose their mentors based on how well the Fellow’s expertise and mentoring strengths match his/her needs.
- Mentors can learn more about effective mentoring in our new 8-Step Guide.
Watch this webinar to learn more about the new program.
If you're interested in starting your own mentoring program, read our 5-Step Guide to starting an outstanding mentoring program.